Overheated from spending those long summer days in the heat of the bright sun? Here’s a recipe to help you cool off with a nice cold drink.
- 3 cups of seedless watermelon
- 3 fresh lemons
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 6 cups of Flavored Sparkling Water
- Chop the watermelon down into small pieces and then place in a blender. Once blended, as far as you could pour the substance into a pitcher.
- Squeeze the lemons into the pitcher with the watermelon juice into it. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour your sparkling water into the pitcher to give the drink some fizz and that extra punch. This water can be any flavor you want. Mix well and enjoy.
If you are looking for a way to jazz up those old sunglasses, this is a perfect craft to create a summer chic look all your own.
- Fake Flowers (or any other small decorations that you like)
- Super Glue
- Arrange the flowers or other small decorations on the sunglasses not covering the lens. Do not glue these down yet just in case you change your mind. Do not cover the lens so the glasses are still visible.
- After you have made your design, place a small drop of superglue on each decoration and place in the desired location. Use the toothpick to straighten the pieces that are too small for your fingers.
With the hot sun beating down on you this summer, you have an extremely high chance of getting a sunburn. Instead of wasting your time inside trying to treat the burns, use this quick aloe remedy to get yourself back outside.
- Ice Tray
Place aloe in ice trays
- Place trays in freezer and let sit overnight
- Take out aloe ice and rub gently on the burned area. By freezing the aloe it provides a more relaxing feeling when rubbing it on your skin. This also takes the burn out of the skin faster than the regular aloe does.
Want a sweet treat to keep your hungry stomach silent while you spend your time out in the sun? This sorbet is a perfect mixture of lemon juice and watermelon. It’s a great way to coll off and easy to make.
- 8 cup seedless Watermelon
- 2tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- In a small pot, take the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Cook this mixture until the sugar is dissolved then set the pot aside to cool.
- Cut the watermelon into small pieces then blend it until it looks like a paste. After blending place the watermelon into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and water mixture into the large bowl with the watermelon and lemon juice. Mix well then place in the freezer until it is firm.
Photo Credit: Tiago Faifa